Top 5 Questions every Khaleeji Bride should ask a wedding planner
A wedding planner is the fairy godmother every future bride will need to help her through her wedding journey. Although, with Cinderella her fairy godmother just appeared; in real life, you have to go out and get one for yourself!
Here at farahii, we are all about our customers’ happiness so we thought we’d save our brides-to-be the time and interviewed Al & Dee Wedding Planners - based in Bahrain - to get their insight on what questions brides should be asking before planning their wedding.
Q 1: Why should a bride hire a wedding planner?
Brides-to-be may not always understand how much work goes into planning a wedding which is why there are professionals who not only can save you time, but also stress and money.
As a bride, you should hire a wedding planner mainly for 2 reasons:
1. Budget Control: When a bride is caught up in the excitement of planning her wedding, she might lose sight of how much her wedding can actually cost. A good wedding planner makes sure that it doesn’t cost more than it should while maintaining the bride's vision.
2. Stress-Free Bride-to-Be: It’s a planner’s job to ensure and guarantee that the bride remains stress-free during the whole planning process and wedding celebrations.
Q 2: When should a bride contact a wedding planner and how long does it take to plan a wedding?
Ideally, a bride-to-be should research and approach wedding planners at least 3 months before the wedding day, giving the bride time to find and sign with the right planner, finalize negotiations and have enough time to work through all her requests before her special day.
Q 3: To what extent is the wedding planner involved in the wedding?
It all depends on the bride; her vision for her wedding, the budget, the time she has to invest and the level of involvement she would like to have in the planning. In the GCC, it is very common to see brides who want to be involved, along with the planner, in most aspects of the process.
Q 4: What are the biggest lessons you have learned during your time as a wedding planner?
1. Always be transparent, open and honest with the brides. They need to know exactly what they are investing in, where their money is going and how it is being utilized.
2. Don’t overcharge clients. Always keep in mind that the bride and groom are having a wedding to celebrate the beginning of a new life together; the last thing a planner should do is burden them with an overpriced wedding.
Q 5: What is the best advice you can give brides when looking for a wedding planner?
Make sure you hire the right kind of wedding planner for you. The key thing to remember here is that it’s your wedding, so look for a planner that:
1. Provides an informative consultation
2. Bonds with the couple
3. Doesn’t only provide standard wedding packages but can offer customized wedding programs
4. Has no minimum charge and can work with the budget that the couple have set
5. Provides the best quality service for the price the bride and groom pay
And as cliché as it sounds, the best advice I can give a bride is to just enjoy the process and have fun. It’s not every day that you get to plan your wedding. Live in the moment. It’s your moment!
So darling, listen to your heart and do what you feel is right for your special day. Make it a happy beginning to a beautiful life together because that is the secret to having your perfect wedding.
Learn more about farahii’s products on www.farahii.com
If you’d like to be a guest blogger on farahii.com, send us some samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.