5 Easy Homemade Face Masks for Brides to Be
Winter is coming and with it comes outdoor wedding season - if you live in the GCC! However, with low temperatures also comes dry skin, but darling don’t you worry. We have 5 easy, tried and tested, natural homemade masks to keep your skin on fleek. Forget facials and spas, take care of your skin from the comfort of your home.
1. Carrot and Raw Honey
Photo credits: modo3.com
Carrots are known to naturally give the skin a healthy glow. Mixed in with raw honey, which has antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties that help remove excess oil and acne, this mask is on the top of our list!
• Fresh carrot (chopped in medium sized slices)
• Raw honey
• Mix all ingredients in a food blender till you get a fine paste
• Apply the paste on your face and let it dry
• Wash it off with lukewarm water
2. Raw Honey and Lemon Mask
Photo credits: india.com
Combination and oily skin can be hard to treat so if you have one of these skin types, then we recommend you try this mask out. Honey works on soothing your skin while lemon juice acts as an invigorating agent.
• 3 tablespoons of raw honey
• 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
• Cleanse your face before applying the mask (use rose water for a natural cleanser)
• Mix the raw honey and lemon juice in a bowl
• Apply the mask on your face for 20 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water
3. Banana and Avocado Mask
Photo credits: hercampus.com
Avocados are loaded with protein and vitmins A, B and E, and if you have dry or sensitive skin then avocados are going to be your new best friend! This vegetable is a recommended ingredient to help nourish, hydrate and protect the driest of skins.
You’ll be thanking us once you get the final results of this mask!
• Half a piece of a fresh and ripe avocado
• 1 banana
• 1 tablespoon of raw honey
• Mash the avocado and banana in a bowl
• Mix in the raw honey till you get a paste
• Apply the mask on your face for 10 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water
4. Pumpkin Mask
Photo credits: lamdepdongian.com
Apart from being a delicious soup, pumpkins are actually a great source of vitamin A (an essential element to help with skin healing), vitamin C, antioxidants and Zinc. This mask is truly essential for all skin types to maintain healthy glowing skin.
• 1 tablespoon of cooked mashed pumpkin
• 1 teaspoon of raw honey
• 1 teaspoon of fresh milk
• Mix all ingredients in a bowl
• Apply the mixture on your face in a circular motion and avoid the eye area
• Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes then wash your face with lukewarm water
5. Oatmeal and Raw Honey Mask
Photo credits: healthfundaa.com
This is ideal for sensitive skin as oatmeal and honey work on tightening, nourishing and softening easily irritable skin. Fresh milk also adds beneficial nutrients to hydrate, after all, Cleopatra did bathe in milk.
• 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (use a grinder for finer pieces)
• 1 tablespoon of raw honey
• 2 tablespoons of fresh milk
• Mix all ingredients and leave the mixture to rest for 20 minutes
• Apply the mask on your face for half an hour then wash it off with cold water
Remember there’s a natural solution for everything and don’t forget to apply these masks even after your wedding day…because you should be a gorgeous bride every day!
Tip from farahii: Although these masks are natural, be sure to test them on a part of your skin to avoid reactions or irritations before your wedding celebrations. It is said that with stress, the body can develop different/new reactions.
For farahii's cupcake towels that are perfect for a bride's soft and sensitive skin, check out the link below:
If you’d like to be a guest blogger on farahii.com, send us some samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.